Thursday, December 28, 2006

Who's more important to make happy.

Our client surveys customers that reach our center and judges us based on how satisfied they are. One key indicator, and I mean KEY is if we are able to handle every issue the customer has on one call. Mind you 50% of the calls we get have to be transfered, not because we don't know how to take care of the issue, but becuase we are not allowed and don't have the capabilities to finish the issue. Oh yeah, did I mention that at least 7 out of 10 callers that reach us are already mad.....go figure. We are a specialized department that was originally supposed to handle 1 issue. Now we have to handle as many as possible. Not to mention the blind transfers we get from other depts to our center for issues we can't handle. How 'bout this one. When we try to call other internal departments to finish an issue, "let me put you on hold so I can ask my superviser"........"Thank yo for calling, this is Joe Rep"....."Hello, Joe Rep, this is your supervisor, I was just speaking to department x and they transferd me back to us. You can go ahead and hang up." That's right, I was blind transfered back to my department...TO MY OWN REP. One of the managers say not to blame other departments for our score going down, but it's really hard not to.

No comments: