Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Time Zones and old people

I had a customer I was speaking. You know the kind, that want something done NOW. The funny thing about this customer was 1st of all, she was old and had a cell. The second thing is that she didn't know what time it was where she lived. She wrote down everything I mean EVERYTHING. The call that would normaly take 5-10 minutes took about 20. It finally got to the point where she was asking for the time, so she could write it down. The particular procedure we were doing was time sensitive. Here's the dialoge to the best of my memory. Be sure to keep reading the punchline is in the dialoge.

Customer: What time is it currently

Me: It's currently 3:00pm central

Customer: So that's 2:00pm here

Me: Actually, it's 4:00pm your time. Tennessee is in the eastern time zone.

Customer: I know, but Tennessee is split into two time zones.

Me: Yes ma'am that's correct. You live in eastern portion however. Knoxville is considered EST.

Customer: Exactly, so that's 2:00pm here since we're an hour ahead.

Me: You're right, you are an hour ahead so that would be 4:00pm.

Customer: But 2 comes before 3

Me: Do you have a watch or a clock you can look at?

Customer: Yes, but my eyes are bad and I can't see the numbers

(at this time I hear her husband in the background)

Hustband (with a hick accent): Go on get off that phone, quit pesterin dem people over der. It's 4:00 you old blind bat.

*click*

The call ends.

No comments: