Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Myspace

Hello,
This is my first post. As you can tell by the Title of this blog, it's basically, reviews of stuff. I'd like to make a couple disclaimers.
  1. I'm not a representative in any way to anything I review. I'm just excercising my Freedom of Speech.
  2. I'm not an English major so my grammar / spelling won't always be perfect.

So to the good stuff. Exactly how many people are on Myspace? Who knows. At this time, the infamous "Tom" has 107,758,777 friends. And that's because quite a few people remove him when they sign up. In my current possition at work, I catch people, almost daily, on Myspace. I have two accounts myself :).

The actuall owner of MySpace is a genius. His name isn't even Tom, go figure. Last year, he raked in an astonishing $47 million. That's a long way from having to send faxes from Kinko's. I can't say I'm not jelouse. The sad part is, most of us won't even make half that in our whole lives.

Everyday new users, including celebrities, are "pimping" thier profiles. Infact, there are many sites out there making a pretty penny off of free premade templates.

I guess the reason it's so attractive to new members is the number of features it offers. You can create your own blog, to share videos and photos. Many musicans also become featured artists and have their songs played on countless profiles. The crazy thing about this, is IT'S ALL FREE. Did you catch that? Of course, there are terms and conditions but who cares, it's free. Perhaps my favorite and is the No Nudity policy. Don't get me wrong, I like my share of riske pictures and such, it's just that MySpace is so large, it would get flooded by the crap. There's already those people who "just moved into town" or "liked your profile" who have links to other sites, but that's it. Overall, I give it 2 thumbs up.

Check out my profiles.
www.myspace.com/bigmatus
And for those of you into the paranormal;
www.myspace.com/parasouthtx


No comments: