Thursday, September 21, 2006

Chronicles of a Call Center pt. 2 ( the rumor mil)

Ever wonder how people know your biz, all the time. How about the stories about you that never happened? This sort of thing seems to happen when you work in a place that has as many people as some call centers have.

I'm going to turn the clocks back a bit. It's been about 4 years since I was an entry level agent at a call center. At that time I was making roughly $7.50 per hour. I was and still am a well know guy in the center. I was friends with this girl who probably made twice as much as I. Key word, "friends." She had 3 kids and was a bit older than I. She was well off by then. At that time, I was single and I did like her a little, but she was older and had kids, so I knew it wouldn't ever be more than friends. All of a sudden one day, I hear that she's sleeping with this guy for his money. I have to admit, it was a little heart breaking. Not too much longer than that, I found out who she was sleeping with...IT WAS ME!! WTF, Where was I?!?! Was I good?!?! As far as I knew, we never even kissed, unless you count that time I kissed her toes in a hot tub, but that's a totally different story. *evil grin*

Fast forward 4 years. Up until recently I haven't had any rumors fly about me or mine. My wife (yes I got married and not to the one in the story) made a friend on the project she works. Oh I should also say she works where I work. This friend of her's is also a frind of mine. The funny thing is, she's all of a sudden sleeping with him. What's even funnier, she's slept with him when she was with me. They are friends at work, and out of work sometimes too. Everytime they're together, there's someone with them. Not that I've always got an eye out, (which I could if I wanted to), it just turns out that way.

In a recent class I was teaching at work, I mentioned to the new agents to watch out for the mil. One of them actually heard of My rumors, which I think is a gas.

Here's a challenge, if anyone reads this. Start a rumor about yourself and see how long it takes to get back to you and how much it's changed. Have fun with this.

Till next time

No comments: